Thursday, June 28, 2012

Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Cookies

The first product I am reviewing from my influenster Mom Voxbox is the Quaker Oatmeal soft baked Oatmeal Rasin cookie. These are new cookies from the Quaker Oatmeal company that come in a variety of flavors and can be found in the cookie aisle of your super market. According the enclosed card in my voxbox they retail for $2.69 for a box of 6, but I got a box of 6 from my local Wal-Mart for $2.19 a box.

This is the packaging for the cookie. Each cookie in the box comes individually wrapped which makes them very easy to send in packed lunches.


The cookie is a good sized cookie too. As you can see in the above picture, it is roughly the size of the palm of my hand. There are 170 calories, 6 grams of fat, 27 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber to each cookie. Over all, not too bad stats for a cookie I think. Much better than when you get much smaller cookies and only get one to a serving size. Also Quaker Oatmeal is a company I trust for good tasting, quality oatmeal and granola products. They've been in the oatmeal business for a long time, and it shows.

The cookie itself was very yummy. It was chewy, had just the right amount of cinnamon and rasins and was satisfying. I think the 4 grams of fiber help to fill you up, while I loved the cookie and definitely would eat it again, I didn't feel the need to scarf another one right away.

After eating the cookie all to myself, I did feel guilty for not sharing it, since oatmeal rasin is my husband's favorite cookie and my kids just love cookies. So I went and got a couple of boxes from Wal-Mart. One box of the oatmeal rasin and one of the cinnamon apple oatmeal cookies. I haven't got my husband's review yet, but I got my son's seal of approval on the cookies. My daughter read the word oatmeal and ran away (oh the horror, a semi healthy cookie!)


Overall I would recommend these cookies to anyone who like oatmeal cookies. They taste good, are a good size, are affordable and come from a company that I trust. Thank you Quaker Oatmeal and thank you Influenster!
http://www.influenster.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Quaker

No comments:

Post a Comment